Gold Tone to Sponsor the World Virtual Bluegrass Banjo Contest.
Hosted by Marcy Marxer and Steve Kaufman, the World Virtual Bluegrass Banjo Contest is the first ever online search for the world’s most talented bluegrass banjo player.
November 9-16: Preliminaries
November 19-20: Finals
1st Place — $500
2nd Place — $250
3rd Place — $100
4th Place — World Acclaim
5th Place — Less World Acclaim
Contest Rules and Video Submission Guidelines:
- Preliminary-round contestants should submit ONE registration and ONE video of ONE
- tune or song of no more than THREE MINUTES in length. Contest entries may be
- played solo or may feature one accompanist.
- At the beginning of the video entry, contestants must announce their names and the
- date of submission, and they should indicate that the video is for the Virtual World
- (Say Your Instrument Here) Contest. This protocol is meant to eliminate the possibility of old videos being reused.
- The judges want to hear new performances! Contestants’ faces and their instruments should be in full view of the camera.
- Videos must be placed on the contest Facebook Community page you are entering, or uploaded as an unlisted YouTube video and the link pasted on the Community page
Full details and contest rules are available from the Virtual Bluegrass Banjo Contest website