A Place in the Band: Women in Bluegrass and American Roots Music
IBMA has announced several leadership bluegrass alum are involved in this Friday’s A Place in the Band Conference: Women in Bluegrass and American
Roots Music produced by the Blue Ridge Music Center. Noon – 4:00 pm EST Friday, February 26
The conference is free but you have to register in advance. For the Conference Schedule, additional information, and to register go to: A Place in the Band Conference | Blue Ridge Music Centre
The event aims to explore various topics related to women in music, such as what women bring to the table, how to create more and better opportunities,
the importance of mentorship, and promotion and support of issues such as equal pay and representation.
Alison Brown, Grammy and IBMA award winner and cofounder of Compass Records, will kick off the conference with music and the keynote address. Panelists include musicians Cathy Fink, Leyla McCalla, Missy Raines, and Annie Staninec; and industry professionals, Jamie Katz Court (Communications & Programs Manager, PineCone), Kimberly Glick (Tour Manager and Audio Engineer, Willow Pool Productions), Trisha Tubbs (Event Producer, Wintergrass and IBMA), and Lisa Schwartz (Festival and Programming Director, Philadelphia Folk Festival, and President, Folk Alliance International). Laurelyn Dossett and Claire Armbruster will be facilitating the discussions.
Conference Schedule (all times are EST)
- 12:00 Welcome remarks, short set by Alison Brown
- 12:15 Keynote address (Alison Brown)
- 12:45 Short set by Cathy Fink and excerpts from the interview series
- 1:00 Panel 1: Discussion with women industry professionals: Kimberly Glick, Jamie Katz Court, Lisa Schwartz, Trisha Tubbs, facilitated by Claire Armbruster
- 1:45 Short set by Annie Staninec and excerpts from the interview series
- 2:00 Panel 2: Discussion with female artists: Cathy Fink, Leyla McCalla, Missy Raines, Annie Staninec, facilitated by Laurelyn Dossett
- 2:45 Short set by Leyla McCalla and excerpts from the interview series
- 3:00 Panel 3: Where do we go from here: participants from the 1st two panels, facilitated by Claire Armbruster
- 3:45 Short set by Missy Raines To make sure that this conference is open to everyone, it is being offered free of charge.
The registration link will take you to a Zoom registration page where you will receive your link for the webinar.