From Virginia, USA, The Whitetop Mountaineers are returning to Australia this week for their third Australian tour. They are playing numerous festivals throughout their tour, including Port Fairy, Blue Mountains, Brunswick, Yackandandah, Apollo Bay and the National Folk Festival.
For Sydney residents there is only one opportunity to see this world class act at The Harp Hotel in Tempe, on Tuesday the 16th March.
The Whitetop Mountaineers bring with them a new album, released in the USA only weeks ago, called Go Away With Me. Described as the real McCoy when it comes to ol’ timey music, The Whitetop Mountaineers are an act not to be missed by fans of old time, bluegrass and mountain music & dance.
Where to see them:
- 5 – 8 Mar – Port Fairy Folk Festival
- 12 – 14 Mar – Blue Mountains Folk, Roots and Blues Festival
- 16 Mar – The Harp Hotel, 900 Princes Hwy, Tempe, NSW, Ph. 02 9559 6300
- 18 Mar – Brunswick Music Festival
- 19 – 21 Mar – Yackandandah Folk Festival
- 24 Mar – Old Hepburn Hotel, Hepburn Springs, Vic
- 25 Mar – Bendigo Folk Club
- 26 – 28 Mar – Apollo Bay Music Festival
- 31 Mar – The Yinnar Hotel, Main Street Yinnar ,Vic
- 1 – 4 Apr National Folk Festival, Canberra Rock’n’Blues festival