The Cherry Pickers’ unique take on Bluegrass has been winning over audiences for over a decade. Whether it’s Ralph Stanley or Paul Stanley, every song gets that “Cherry Pickers sound”. Their tasty arrangements are reverent to the Bluegrass tradition as well as to the original songs, such that they defy any hillbilly stigma. The Cherry Pickers appear regularly around Adelaide and have played and many festivals around the country including the National Bluegrass Festival, Mountain Grass, the Kelly Country Pick, JamGrass , the Fleurieu Folk Festival, Healesville Festival and the Wirinna Bluegrass Festival. In 2016, the Cherry Pickers toured the US including playing at AmericaFest in Nashville Tennessee.
The Cherry Pickers are Mark Bandick on guitar, Paul Cooper on banjo, Rob Cooper on Dobro, Lou Evangelistis on mandolin and Gage Stead on bass.
To contact The Cherry Pickers call Mark on 0413 194 708 or via email at email@example.com.
In addition to South Australian gigs, the band is touring a number of venues these next few months.
- Saturday June 24: The Retreat Hotel – Brunswick, VIC. With The Heggarties
- Sunday June 25: Bridge Hotel – Castlemaine, VIC. With the Heggarties
- Saturday July 1: House Concert – Quorn, SA
- Sunday July 2: Emergency Services Benefit Concert – Port Pirie, SA
- Saturday July 15: Fleurieu Distillery – Goolwa, SA – 2pm
- Friday July 21: Aldinga Institute, SA. With Lazy Eye
- September 1-3: Wirrina Bluegrass Festival – Wirrina Cove, SA
- Saturday September 9: The Singing Gallery – McLaren Vale, SA
- September 29-Oct 2: Semaphore Music Festival – Semaphore, SA
- October 13-15: Foggy Mountain Bluegrass Festival – Kinglake, VIC
- Sunday December 10: The Cheese Factory – Meadows, SA