News just in from the Stetson Family’s Nadine Budge and John Bartholomeusz is that on 25th Sep, 2012 they will hit the stage in Nashville, Tennessee, to perform their song O Winding River, which has been chosen as one of 11 songs to be showcased at this year’s International Bluegrass Music Association’s ‘World of Bluegrass Conference 2012’.
The Nashville trip coincides with the release of O Winding River as the second single from their album, The Devil in His Sunday Best, described as “A landmark Australian roots album for 2011” by Rhythms Magazine. When Nad and John return, the full band will head off on a tri-state tour, playing gigs and festivals in New South Wales, Victoria and South Australia throughout October/November.
It’s been a big year so far for The Stetson Family having been nominated and finalists at this year’s Victorian & National Country Music Awards for Best Song for their first single, Fool’s Gold (National) and Best Group (National). So wish us luck as we head off to Music City USA. It’s a long way to go for a five-minute gig, but we wouldn’t miss it for quids – Nadine Budge.
- 25th Sep. 2012 – World of Bluegrass – Nashville Convention Centre, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Fri 12th Oct., 2012 – Clarendon Guesthouse, Katoomba, NSW, with New Zealand’s “The Eastern”
- Sat., 12th Oct., 2012 – The Junkyard, Maitland, NSW
- Sun 14th Oct 2012 – Folk in the Foothills Festival, Illawarra, NSW
- Sat 20 Oct 2012 – Jamgrass Festival, The Velvet Room, Thornbury Theatre, VIC
- Fri 26 to Sat 27 Oct 2012 Flireau Folk Festival, Willunga, SA
- Sat 3 Oct 2012 Folk Festival, Maldon, VIC
The Strzelecki Stringbusters hosted the Stetson Family last week at The Yinnar Pub. An overflowing full-house were treated to a set chocked with great original tunes & lesser known covers, presented with an overall warmth that was evident from the first tune.
In the context of world-wide bluegrass, this showcase opportunity is absolutley huge.
Good luck from The Stringbusters guys!
Fantastic, couldn’t happen to better people.
Best of luck.
Ted & Jo.