Rounder Records is celebrating the achievements of their recording artists who garnered multiple awards from the International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) at last Thursday’s 22nd Annual awards show held at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN.
Steve Martin & The Steep Canyon Rangers were named Entertainer of the Year – an award that they were “really honored” to win and jokingly thanked the other nominees for losing. Martin won his first IBMA award in 2009 for Best Liner Notes for his Rounder debut album The Crow. Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper won 2 awards: Instrumental Recorded Performance of the Year for their song “Goin’ Up Dry Branch” from their latest album, Fired Up, and Fiddle Player of the Year – Cleveland’s 9th win in that category. Blue Highway’s Rob Ickes received his 13th consecutive win for Dobro Player of the Year – the most a single instrumentalist has won in the history of the IBMA awards.
Rounder IBMA Award Recipients:
- Blue Highway: Dobro Player of the Year – Rob Ickes
- Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper: Instrumental Recorded Performance of the Year – “Goin’ Up Dry Branch” – from Fired Up
- Fiddle Player of the Year – Michael Cleveland
- Steve Martin & The Steep Canyon Rangers: Entertainer of the Year
- Abigail Washburn: Best Graphic Design for a Recorded Project – Ricardo Alessio and Erica Harris for City of Refuge