Consisting of outstanding musicians with over 100 years of combined recording and performance experience, guitarist Peter Rowan will be joined by Paul Knight, bass; Chris Henry, mandolin; and Patrick Sauber, banjo. Having graced the stages of Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, Grey Fox, Merlefest, Rothbury Australia’s National Folk Festival and numerous other festivals domestically and abroad, audiences are entertained with original and traditional songs executed in vibrant harmony.
In April 2013 Peter Rowan, joined by members of his current Bluegrass Band, released The Old School, a magnificent blending of old school sounds and players (Del McCoury, Jesse McReynolds, Bobby Osborne and Buddy Picher) with some of the bright young talent such as Chris Henry, Ronnie & Robbie McCoury performing memorable new songs such as “Doc Watson Morning”, “Drop The Bone” and “Keepin’ It Between The Lines (Old School)”.
The Old School followed the group’s debut album for Nashville’s Compass Records- Legacy. The recording, featuring traditional and original compositions, was produced by Compass owner/recording artist Alison Brown and includes Ricky Skaggs, Gillian Welch, David Rawlings and Del McCoury. Legacy received a Grammy nomination in 2010. Since then the prolific singer songwriter has recorded and released Peter Rowan’s Twang an Groove Vol. 1 on There Records and Dharma Blues on Omnivore Records.
- Wed Mar 16 – Yinnar Hotel, Yinnar, VIC
- Thu Mar 17 – Spotted Mallard, Brunswick, Melbourne, VIC
- Sat Mar 19 – Courthouse Café, Camperdown, VIC
- Sun Mar 20 – Burke & Wills Winery, Mia Mia, VIC
- Tue Mar 22 – TBA, Upwey, VIC
- Wed Mar 23 – Valencia Creek Hall, Valencia Creek, VIC
- Fri Mar 25 – National Folk Festival, Mitchell, Canberra, ACT
- Sat Mar 26 – National Folk Festival, Mitchell, Canberra, ACT
- Sun Mar 27 – The Quarterdeck, Narooma, NSW
- Mon Mar 28 –National Folk Festival, Mitchell, Canberra, ACT
- Wed Mar 30 – Lizottes, Lambton, Newcastle, NSW
- Thu Mar 31 – The Stone House, Tomerong, NSW
- Fri Apr 1 – Railway Institute Hall, Thirroul, NSW
- Sat Apr 2 – Hotel Gearin, Katoomba, NSW
- Sun Apr 3 – Petersham Bowling Club, Petersham, Sydney, NSW
- Tue Apr 5 – Cat & Fiddle Hotel, Balmain, Sydney, NSW