Organisers of the Monroe Mandolin Camp are looking for video submissions for their first Annual Video Scholarship Competition. The winner will be awarded a full scholarship, including tuition, lodging, and meals.
To submit your video application you will need to provide:
- Your name, email address, and telephone number.
- At the beginning of the video recording, please announce your name and title of tune being played.
- Competition open to all ages and all levels (Beginner to Expert).
- Competition limited to the first 25 submissions. (Entrants will be notified if video not accepted.)
- Videos must be under 4 minutes.
- Candidates to answer following questions (can be included in the video if under 4 minutes, or in email):
- Why is this camp, and the study of Bill Monroe’s music and traditional bluegrass mandolin music important?
- Why does the candidate want to come to this camp?
- What does the candidate expect to take away from the camp?
- A link to the video must be emailed to: mo****************@gm***.com. In the subject line, put your last name and “Annual Video Scholarship Competition Submission”. One way is to upload video to YouTube and “share” the link in an email to us. (Make sure it is not marked private, or organisers will not be able to view.)
- Entries will be accepted beginning Sunday June 21st and ending Wednesday July 1, at 11:59 pm.
The winner will be notified by telephone and email by July 15.
Entries judged on:
With permission, the winner’s video will be posted on our Facebook page after announcement.
Questions? Contact mo****************@gm***.com
Information about the camp visit: http://monroemandolincamp.com