News From Rural Rhythm Christian:
Rural Rhythm has announced the upcoming 22nd February, 2011 album release, Take Me Lord and Use Me by award-winning vocalist and banjoist, Mike Scott. This very special studio gathering for the album includes: Sonya Isaacs, Carl Jackson, Shelton Feazell, Vince Gill, Claire Lynch, Jesse McReynolds, Ricky Skaggs, Rhonda Vincent, and Buck White.
One listen to the title track, Take Me Lord and Use Me, co-written by the husband and wife songwriting team, Mike and Brenda Scott, and listeners will immediately feel the outpouring of faith and passion Mike Scott has put into this album.
Mike Scott has a long history in American acoustic music, having been on stage as an entertainer at the age of 10 in 1972. Since then, Mike has gone on to perform with Danny Davis & The Nashville Brass, led Mike Scott & The All-American Band. Mike also helped to define the tradition of Jim & Jesse and The Virginia Boys. Since 2001, Mike has been a featured artist with frequent appearances on RFD’s Blue Highways TV show, Reno’s Old Time Music Festival (seen in over 25 million households) as part of Ronnie Reno & The Reno Tradition.
Mike Scott is one of today’s great personalities in bluegrass – Kyle Cantrell of SiriusXM Radio
Mike Scott’s exceptional playing and singing brought a fresh touch to the classic gospel tune, ‘Since I Laid My Burdens Down.’ The angelic harmony singing of Sonya Isaacs puts it over the top – Les Butler, Host of the Front Porch Fellowship.
- Take Me Lord and Use Me (with Vince Gill)
- Cross Your Heart (with Sonya Isaacs and Carl Jackson)
- Is Not This the Land of Beulah (with Claire Lynch and Carl Jackson)
- Jesus I’ll Never Forget (with Vince Gill)
- I Love to Praise Him (with Sonya Isaacs, Carl Jackson, Shelton Feazell-Bass Vocal)
- Sing, Sing, Sing (with Rhonda Vincent, Carl Jackson, Shelton Feazell-Bass Vocal)
- Driving Nails (with Ricky Skaggs and Carl Jackson)
- Just Like the Bible Says (with Claire Lynch and Carl Jackson)
- I Can’t Make It Lord Without You (with Sonya Isaacs and Carl Jackson)
- When the Angels Carry Me Home (with Rhonda Vincent, Carl Jackson, Shelton Feazell-Bass Vocal)
- ‘Tis So Sweet to Trust Jesus (with Claire Lynch and Carl Jackson; Jesse McReynolds, Buck White & John Maberry mandolin )
- Since I Laid My Burdens Down (with Sonya Isaacs, Carl Jackson, Shelton Feazell-Bass Vocal)
- When All Is Said and Done (with Vince Gill)
Listen to a sample of Since I Laid My Burdens Down: