After a very successful weekend at the Redland’s Bluegrass Convention this month, David Long and his band Midnight From Memphis have been taking their music to various places in New South Wales and are soon to head in to Victoria.
Debbie Smith went to the concert in Tempe, and here’s what she had to say:
…amazing evening at ‘the Harp’, Tempe on Friday night. An hour before the band started all the seats were gone and the audience were sitting around the stage holding the best spots to see the show. I couldn’t get over the amazingly clear sound these guys can deliver live from one mic and their clever choreographed and highly entertaining movement mixing throughout their performance. All the guys gave so much and Scott Simontacchi’s ‘modern take/lyrics’ love songs to the blue grass style went down really well. The band’s CD’s were flying off the table during interval. The mixed audience ( my daughter was the youngest fan at 10 years) didn’t have much room to move, but basically it was mesmerised anyway.
Just a shame they are only doing one gig in Sydney. Please come back soon – Debbie Smith – NSW.
You can catch the band at the following locations:
- Thursday 22nd July – Briagolong Hotel, VIC – (03) 5145 5202 for bookings
- Friday 23rd July – Harvester Moon, Bellarine VIC – www.harvestermoon.com.au – Bookings online and at the door
- Saturday 24th July – Spencer’s Live, Melbourne VIC, www.spenserslive.com – Bookings online and at the door
- Sunday 25th July – Guildford Music Hall, VIC, 2:00pm – Contact Steve:
- Tuesday 27th July – Workshop – Yinnar, VIC – (See contact details below)
- Wednesday 28th July 28 – Yinnar Community Hotel – Main St Yinnar, VIC – strzeleckistringbusters.com or email or Phone: 0427631217.