22nd and 23rd May 2010
Melbourne Guitar Makers Festival is a weekend exhibition celebrating handcrafted guitars from some of Australia’s finest independent luthiers.
Melbourne Guitar Makers Festival is an opportunity to see and play some beautiful handmade guitars, and meet the people who make them in an intimate setting. These instruments are seldom seen in shops, and the workshops of the makers often off the beaten track.
To have a range of guitars and makers together, and available for a whole weekend is a rare thing in Ausatralia. The 2009 showcase was a great success and organisers are keeping that concept for 2010.
Melbourne Guitar Makers Festival is held at the Abbotsford convent 22nd and 23rd May 2010.
The festival also features a series of workshops:
- Pete Fidler – Lap-Steel Guitar Workshop
- David Ross Macdonald – Fingerstyle Guitar Workshop
- Nick Charles – The Art of Acoustic Blues and Roots Guitar
- Sergio Ercole – Musicianship for Guitarists
- Peter Baylor – Gypsy Jazz
- Matthew Fagan – The Complete Guitarist Workshop
- Jim Matheas – Achieving variations in tone and Buying a New or 2nd hand
- Sam Lemann – Swinging the Blues