Each year in Nashville, 25 folks from around the bluegrass/roots music industry are invited to participate in an intensive, three-day leadership and professional development class through IBMA. Through workshops, lectures, lunches, jams, and open discussions, participants are challenged, inspired, renewed and fortified. The level of networking, knowledge sharing, and relationship building is one that has been heralded since the program began in 2000.
The purpose of the Leadership Bluegrass program is to pull together a cross-section of people with exhibited or potential leadership qualities into a network of learning and communication. The results will foster a broad-based understanding of the total needs of the bluegrass community, which will help participants better prepare to determine the goals of the particular organisation, company or group in which they choose to serve. Leadership Bluegrass seeks to explore bluegrass music and its place in the larger world of entertainment through:
- A systematic study of the business of bluegrass, its institutions and organisations, their needs, problems and resources
- Exposure to a wide variety of current music leaders and notable persons
- Encouraging independent thinking, fresh perspectives and approaches. It is not intended to “indoctrinate” or pass on the current leaders’ views and ideas.
- Acquaintance with relevant issues facing bluegrass, their history and future possibilities
- Involvement of all related facets of the music industry which impact bluegrass
- High quality interactive sessions for the participants.
Leadership Bluegrass is proud to announce the invited participants for 2015:
Leadership Bluegrass 2015 will take place March 4-6 at BMI headquarters on Music Row in Nashville. The Planning Committee (Emilee Warner – Chair, Trisha Tubbs, Alan Tompkins, Jean Spivey, Nolan Lawrence, Dan Keen, Beth Fortune, Taylor Coughlin – staff liaison) are hard at work preparing.
The program is competitive with less than half of applicants actually accepted. For those who were not selected to participate, you are encouraged to re-apply next year!
For more information on Leadership Bluegrass, contact Taylor@ibma.org.