Country Rocks Records has let us know of Aussie artist Kristy Cox’s recent announcement of two finalist nominations for the prestigious Toyota Golden Guitar Awards of Australia.
Yesterday at a special ceremony held at ABC Studios in Sydney, Kristy was announced as a finalist in Female Artist of The Year and Bluegrass Recording of The Year for her internationally acclaimed album, Ricochet – a great album from a great Australian Artist.
I’m still a little lost for words in excitement. The ongoing support from my music family is incredible. I am a lucky girl to be part of such a great community, thanks everyone – Kristy Cox.
Michael Bond from Country Rocks Records echoed Kristy’s excitement following yesterday’s announcement. “For an independent label which has been operating for a year, to score two finalist berths in the Golden Guitar Awards is a great honour. Working with Kristy and her US label this year has been a wonderful experience. We are so proud of her and the major goals she is kicking. We have our fingers crossed for her for the awards and extend our thanks to the CMAA, judges and congratulations to the other finalists on their nominations also”.
Kristy returns to Australia in January for the Tamworth Country Music Festival. Her latest single, Right Where You Left It, is playing on Australian radio now.
Check out the Video below.
Kristy Cox’s Achievements for 2018:
- #1 US Billboard Bluegrass Albums (“Ricochet”)
- #31 US Billboard Country Albums Chart (“Ricochet”)
- #1 Bluegrass Today Chart (“Ricochet” & “I Can Almost Smell The Smoke”)
- #1 AusCountry Top 10 (“Ricochet”, “I Can Almost Smell The Smoke” & “Right Where You Left It”)
- #3 AusCountry Top 10 (“Sweet English Rose”)
- Top 10 Female Artist nomination at International Bluegrass Music Awards
- Finalist Independent Female Vocalist of Year Southern Stars
- Finalist Female Artist & Bluegrass Recording of The Year Toyota Golden Guitar Awards of Australia