Pinecastle Records has announced the addition of award-winning artist Jim Hurst to its lineup of world-class artists. The singer/songwriter is currently in the studio finishing up the recording of the album, but fans can expect plenty of surprises. The lead single is expected to premiere this fall, with the full collection following in early 2022. To celebrate the occasion, Hurst is also re-issuing his star-studded project Second Son.
Second Son was the first album released by Jim Hurst on Pinecastle Records in 2001. The star-studded project featured collaborations with fellow Bluegrass acts like Russell Moore, Alison Brown, Missy Raines, John Cowan, Jesse Brock, Casey Driessen, Randy Kohrs, Ned Lubercki, Shawn Lane, Ron Stewart, Wayne Benson, Stuart Duncan, Rob Ickes, Charlie Cushman, Ray Deaton, Scott Vestal, Tim Stafford and Kristin Scott Benson (track listing below). In total, Second Son contains 12 recordings, which have aged well, even two decades later.
We’re beyond excited to welcome Jim Hurst back to Pinecastle Records. Over the years, he’s established himself as one of the premiere musicians in the Bluegrass genre, and we’re ecstatic for everyone to hear the amazing music that he has coming up. The next chapter of Jim’s career is looking very bright and we’re proud to be a part of it – Ethan Burkhardt, Pinecastle CEO.
No stranger to success, Hurst has been honored by the Bluegrass industry on multiple occasions, including taking home the coveted “Guitar Player of the Year” award from the International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA). Most recently he has seen success on the Bluegrass Today Grassicana chart with his solo penned hit “It’s a Beautiful Day.” The feel-good anthem centers around spreading positivity, while showcasing the chart-topper’s powerful voice.
To learn more about Jim Hurst, check out his official website here. While there, fans will be able to find upcoming tour dates, purchase music, get the latest news stories and more.
Second Son Track List:
|1. Steven’s Deep Coal Mines (featuring Wayne Benson, Stuart Duncan & Rob Ickes)
2. Big Iron (featuring Ned Luberecki, Jesse Brock, Casey Driessen & Randy Kohrs)
3. Our Old Home (featuring Missy Raines, Shawn Lane & Ron Stewart)
4. Lonesome Road Blues (featuring Missy Raines, Alison Brown, Wayne Benson & Stuart Duncan)
5. Wings of an Eagle (featuring Kristin Scott Benson & Shawn Lane)
|6. Stafford’s Stomp (featuring Missy Raines, Scott Vestal, Wayne Benson, Stuart Duncan, Rob Ickes & Tim Stafford)
7. Widow’s Weeds (featuring Missy Raines, Alison Brown, Shawn Lane & Ron Stewart)
8. Sin’s Dark Valley (featuring Ray Deaton & Russell Moore)
9. The Long Road (featuring Charlie Cushman & Rob Ickes)
10. Three Days Deep Forever Wide (featuring John Cowan, Scott Vestal, Wayne Benson, Casey Driessen & Randy Kohrs)
11. Seven Year Blues
12. Danny Boy