IBMA – 27th Sep – 3rd Oct, 2010
In an effort to promote bluegrass and related forms of music, IBMA hosts artist showcase performances which help meet the industry’s need to see what’s new in the music, as well as open doors for acts by creating an opportunity to present themselves at the World of Bluegrass Business Conference. These presentations are one of the primary highlights of IBMA’s convention, where more than 1600 music industry leaders gather annually.
Bands who apply to showcase at World of Bluegrass in Nashville next year are not required to be IBMA members, but are asked to submit a $25 fee to help defray the expenses associated with the selection process. Artists invited to showcase are extended complimentary registration for the full conference, but they must pay an additional $150 showcase fee and must be (or become) IBMA members upon accepting the invitation.
The showcases are designed to introduce any one or all of the following to the bluegrass industry:
- Emerging talent capable and willing to broaden their market
- Established bands who have significant changes in their act
- Artists who have significant, new recorded product.
The board-appointed Talent Committee’s selection process involves a fair, but subjective evaluation based on each applicant’s entertainment value, level of professionalism, potential appeal and quality of work. Depending on the number of acts which apply, the selection process takes approximately three months. IBMA makes the full selection criteria available upon request.
The dates for World of Bluegrass 2010 are September 27-October 3.
2010 Showcase Application Process:
Any act wishing to showcase at the 2010 IBMA Business Conference should submit the following to IBMA by January 15, 2010:
- Five complete promotional packages for each act making application. Must include a CD work representative of the act. May be a demo, studio cuts not yet released or a completed project (please remove any shrink wrapping)
- If sending a demo or non-completed work, you are encouraged to express to the committee the status of the work and/or expected completion/release.
- Complete contact information on the group
- A $25 application fee, payable to IBMA.
Send all submission packages to: IBMA Talent Committee, 2 Music Circle South, Ste. 100, TN, 37203, USA.