The full details of the 2010 Convention listed are now available from the website – www.harrietvillebluegrass.com.au including the booking forms and program.
Rod Jones has advised that the event has been oversubscribed with bands wanting to play both Bluegrass and Old Timey over the course of the weekend. Nevertheless the tentative program and band names are now up on the Website.
The Program in Brief:
Thursday: ($20 or inclusive for early bird weekend pass buyers)
- New Holland Honeyeater’s – 1930’s re-created radio show. This is followed by an introductory performance by Californian Band, Blue and Lonesome.
- The Corndrinkers, Old Timey band from Ohio will be the band for the 2nd Annual Mountain Square Dance in the Community Hall
Friday: (from 3:30pm)
- Blue & Lonesome present a brief History of Californian Bluegrass.
- 2 hour open mic concert hosted by the Senile Delinquents.
There are workshops in old time banjo, old time fiddle, bluegrass banjo for beginners and more advanced; bluegrass fiddle, mandolin, Dobro, double bass; harmony singing; a Safety In Numbers beginner group, flatpick & Bluegrass guitar; with the top overseas and local instructors on both Saturday and Sunday.
Some of the bands to appear will be:
|Innes Campbell & Present Company
High Times Stringband
Burnt Creek Deviation
The Guiiar Pickers extravaganza
The Cow Tippers
The Bridgland Brothers
Lauren Williams and The Romantics
|Karen Lynne & The Bluegrass 5
Hunter & Suzy Owens Band
Donal Baylor Band
Plus more to be confirmed.
Jim Golding will also host the Late Night Bluegrass Show at the Harrietville Hotel.
- Sunday Morning Gospel Time Show
- Open Mic concert at lunchtime hosted by the All Nighters
- Lauren Williams Bitter Blue & Twisted – Songs from the not so sunny side of life.
- Farewell Concert – overseas guests
- Sunday Evening Concert
- Open Mic Concert hosted by Paul Duff
Full details are available from the Harrietville Bluegrass and Traditional Country Music Convention website.