Organisers have announced some of the program for the 2009 Guildford Banjo Jamboree.
Hardrive Bluegrass Band: Victoria’s prize winning traditional bluegrass band, back again by popular request this year.
Ricketty Ridge: A cross over band, spanning the genre’s of Klezma , Gypsy celtic and old time and all done with a banjo for the bass.
Segue : Slightly Eclectic Guildford Ukulele Ensemble. Strumming and picking a myriad of ukes, while whistling singing and soaring.
The Turnarounds: A trio specialising in bluegrass gospel music with a special mystery guest banjo artiste.
The Mule: Two banjos and a fiddle from Texas (perhaps a cello) mandolin, guitar and bass proving – the future of the string band genre is here today.
A number of workshops and facilitators have also been announced.
- Banjo Mandolin – Neil Barre
- Banjo Ukulele – Guildford Ukulele Ensemble
- Bluegrass (Scruggs Style) – Peter ScholtzÂ and Jim Golding
- Elementary Banjo – Peter Somerville assisted by Bruce Sedawie
- Frailing, Old Timey – Richard MacEwan
- Blues Banjo – Dr Brent Davie
- Tuning and set-up – Chris Ryan