As the summer months draw near it’s clearly festival time. We have a great many bluegrass and old-time music festivals scheduled here in Australia each year, with the likes of MountainGrass in Victoria, Wirrina in South Australia, Manjimup in Western Australia to name but a few.
In New South Wales, the 2015 14th Annual Dorrigo Folk and Bluegrass Festival is shaping up to be one of the best yet, with an exceptional line-up and some new surprises in store. Each year the Dorrigo Festival just gets better. The overseas line-up will include The Andrew Collins Trio (Canada), and the return of Chris Henry and The Hardcore Grass from the USA.
The festival also features a list of workshops longer than we have space for. Some of the workshops include:
- Safety In Numbers workshop offering those not so confident to learn to sing and play along with Jacinta
- Old-Time and Duo Harmony Workshop with Rod and Judy Jones
- Dobro Workshop with Peter Fidler and Quentin Fraser
- Bluegrass Fiddle Workshop with Lachlan and Hamish Davidson
- Bluegrass Banjo Workshop with Kyle Tuttle, Hamish Davidson, Jenny Shimmin and others
- Clawhammer Banjo Workshop with Richard Galuzzi
- “The Subtle Art of Performing and Jamming” Workshop with The Andrew Collins Trio
and many others.
- Le Blanc Bros Cajun Band
- The Davidson Brothers
- Astro Cobalt
- Gleny Rae Virus and her Playboys
- Lee Fielding
- Little Rabbit
- Rod and Judy Jones
- One Up Two Down
- River Mountain Riot
This year’s Dorrigo Folk and Bluegrass Festival is larger than ever and one not to be missed if you are into great music and gorgeous countryside.