Lorraine Jordan & Carolina Road bring back their popular Country Grass series.
Lorraine Jordan & Carolina Road have brought back their popular Country Grass series with the release of the new single I Loved ‘Em Every One, featuring the legendary T.G. Sheppard. It’s the lead single from the upcoming Country Grass II, set for release at a later date.
On the recording, the production stays true to the original compilation’s theme, which combines the world-class musicianship backing of Lorraine Jordan & Carolina Road with lead vocals by the original singer, T.G. Sheppard. The song dates all the way back to 1981 when it originally topped the Country charts.
What else can music enthusiasts expect to hear on the upcoming Country Grass II project? The band is currently in the studio and have already recorded several new songs that will be featured with other artists like Michael Martin Murphey, T. Graham Brown, Eddy Raven, Kelly Lang and more. Stay tuned as more details and surprise guest artists are revealed. The theme captures the essence of the original 2015 release, where each musician brings their own unique touch to the song they’re featured in. The hype has only grown over the last couple years following a successful social media campaign, where previous videos featuring artists like John Anderson, Jesse Keith Whitley, Eddy Raven, Lee Greenwood, Sheppard, etc have amassed millions of new views.
Lorraine Jordan & Carolina Road are charging forward with their latest album, A Little Bit of Bluegrass. The title-track has proven to be one of their biggest hits on the radio charts to date, as it spends its second month atop the Bluegrass Unlimited Airplay Survey for July. The song was penned by songwriter David Stewart, who perfectly captured the essence of great traditional Bluegrass, with a modern twist. Other standout tunes on the album include the chilling single “Mama’s Cross” featuring Donna Ulisse and the heartfelt recording, “I’m Just An Old Penny.”
To keep up with all things Lorraine Jordan & Carolina Road, check out the band’s official website. While there, fans will be able to learn more about the North Carolina based group, find upcoming tour dates, purchase music and more.
About Lorraine Jordan & Carolina Road:
Known as the Lady of Tradition in the Bluegrass community, Lorraine Jordan has made an indelible mark not only on North Carolina music culture, but within the greater Bluegrass culture. To say Lorraine is an original would be the understatement of the decade. She not only thinks outside of the box, she builds new boxes. Here are just a few examples:
- Produced and performed on “Daughters of Bluegrass
- Back to the Well,” the 2006 International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) Recorded Event of the Year.
- Produced and performed on “Daughters of Bluegrass – Bluegrass Bouquet,” the 2009 IBMA Recorded Event of the Year.
- Awarded the Society for Preservation of Bluegrass Music of America’s (SPBGMA) “Traditional Female Vocalist of the Year,” 2015.
- Scored 3 No. 1 hits on Bluegrass charts; the latest “True Grass” stayed at No. 1 an astounding 4 consecutive months and on the charts for nearly a year-and-a-half.
- Owns and operates Lorraine’s Coffee House & Music, a popular listening hall in Garner, N.C.
- Produced and performed the successful collaborative recording “Country Grass,” which featured such legendary greats as John Anderson, Lynn Anderson, Jim Ed Brown, John Conlee, Crystal Gayle, Lee Greenwood, The Kentucky Headhunters, Michael Martin Murphey, Eddy Raven, Marty Raybon, Ronnie Reno, and T.G. Sheppard.
- Four straight months at #1 with the hit single “Bill Monroe’s Ol Mandolin” on the National Bluegrass Chart.Lorraine’s handpicked
Carolina Road band is comprised of well-known musicians Ben Greene on banjo, Warren Blair on fiddle, Wayne Morris on guitar, Kevin Lamm on bass and Allen Dyer on guitar. All of whom have played with a Who’s Who in the industry, including Charlie Moore, The Bluegrass Cardinals, Doyle Lawson & Quicksilver, James King, Lost & Found, David Parmley & Continental Divide, and Don Rigsby, to name just a few. Their stellar musicianship and versatility ensure award-winning powerhouse performances of every song.