Despite so many magazines on the decline, folks at Country Music Capital News have announced that their magazine, Capital News, will be back in September 2020 and has a new look cover logo.
Capital News returns as a bi-monthly with six issues in September/October, November/December, January/February, March/April, May/June, and July/August each year.
It’s so important, for the country music industry, that we continue publishing during these times and we invite you to join us and subscribe and/or advertise to ensure our continuation. We also return with an online presence through ISSUU, a digital publishing platform. With the ever-increasing postage costs, in particular to our international readers, this option has the potential to grow readership around the world – Capital News Publisher.
Current subscribers will automatically have their subscriptions extended and they will receive an automatic free option to access the online publication to read anywhere, anytime.
The online publication will allow for advertisers to have links to ticket sales and merchandise sales making advertising that little more attractive. It will allow readers the opportunity to choose between the hard copy or the online version.
Publishers will have a few new sections including sections on:
Capital News Sections – Tamworth, Country Picks and Looking Back:
- Tamworth section in which will focus on everything local;
- Country Picks for new single releases; and
- Looking Back, as we approach the 50th Tamworth Country Music Festival in 2022, this section will share interesting facts from through the decades, as a reminder, but also to teach the history to those who don’t know.
Capital News Regular Features:
- Behind The Music – focus on an industry figure
- Bush Balladeers – news from the Australian Bush Balladeers’ Association
- Coming Events – Festivals, Annual General Meetings, BBQs and gatherings listed free
- Down Memory Lane – focus on an artist who has been recording through many decades by Lorraine Pfitzner
- Festivals – Editorial to support festivals and events
- Gig Guide – a free section for artists to include their gigs (including online sessions during COVID-19)
- Nashville News – news from Nashville and the CMA
- News – news within Australia and NZ
- One To Watch – focus on a new artist
- Sound Advice – album reviews
- The Sidemen/women – focus on a musician
- Where Are They Now? – focus on someone in the industry who hasn’t been heard of for some time
- Writing Great Songs – helpful hints by award-winning Allan Caswell