The four-day workshop will be held at the Mattie Furphy House, Corner Clare Copse and Kirkwood Road in Swanbourne, W.A..
The workshop features professional tuition based on the popular Wernick Method Instruction developed by Pete Wernick and taught by Greg McGrath, certified Australian instructor.
What can you expect from a Wernick Method Workshop?
- Hands-on learning in large and small groups
- Learn many bluegrass standards
- Full ground rules and etiquette of typical jams
- How to find melodies, fake solos, carry a tune, sing harmony
- Tab/note reading skills not needed or used
- Understanding, low-pressure, time-tested teaching
- Gentle tempos, mistakes expected
- How to lead songs and how to follow new songs
- Ear skills taught and emphasised, as in real bluegrass
- Group and individualised instruction on backup skills
More details on the workshop, past student testimonials and more can be found on Jam Camps Australia’s website.