The Ausgrass event was generously supported by The International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) which always brought added scope and size to the festival.
I have achieved several firsts for the music in Australia and have been privileged to some very special experiences. I would have achieved nothing without the support of Rod and Judy Jones and the many Bluegrass Music followers across Australia – Howard Miller, Ausgrass Events.
Howard has reminded us of some of the achievements of Ausgrass Events:
- First Australian bluegrass CD release in Aftershock by Acoustic Shock, in 1993 as the producer and copyright holder.
- First Residential Bluegrass Convention in NSW at Wirrimbirra, Bargo in 1993.
- First Residential Bluegrass Convention, Attunga, in country NSW, with guest artist, President of IBMA, Andy Owens.
- First Bluegrass Banjo Boot Camp, at Borambola with world best banjo Teacher in Jack Hatfield.
- First Bluegrass DVD release of “Live at the Montreal”, as the producer and copyright holder.
- Founder of “Hard to Find Records” the first Bluegrass and Old Timey Record supplier.