The 2016 Bluegrass Ramble is scheduled for the 27th to 29th September. Once again the event will take place in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina with all emerging bluegrass bands and established bands with new music or new personnel are encouraged to apply.
Each showcase band will perform at least twice during World of Bluegrass Week—once on a convention centre-stage and once on a local Bluegrass Ramble venue.
In addition to the two showcase opportunities, the IBMA showcase package includes:
- Complimentary booth space during business conference (value $600+)
- Full conference registration package for performing members of group (value $1000+)
- One organizational membership for group (value $205)
- Featured profile in conference program and on the WOB smart phone app
- Distribution of one mp3 per band on our AirPlay Direct account, providing radio DJ access to showcase band music
- Inclusion of one mp3 on the 2015 Noisetrade/IBMA Bluegrass Ramble compilation.
- Inclusion in the Bluegrass Ramble Spotify playlist, promoted on social media by IBMA
- Priority access to “Gig Fair” appointments
- Scheduled consultation in advance of events on maximising showcase opportunities
Up to 30 showcase artists will be invited to perform in 2016. IBMA showcase artists are chosen through a juried selection process that takes into consideration the applicant’s entertainment value, level of professionalism, potential appeal and quality of work.
There are generally more than 150 acts applying each year. Official IBMA showcase acts from the 2015 Bluegrass Ramble are not eligible for 2016.
The applicant does not have to be an IBMA member. In addition to general applicant information, the following materials will be needed to complete the application:
- Name, email, and role (i.e. banjo, fiddle) of each member of the applying act
- One studio recorded song (mp3 format only, an optional second recording may be submitted as well)
- One Hi-Res artist photo
- An artist bio with artist location, names/roles of band members (if known at time of application), description of the artist’s sound, and note of any recently released recordings
- A stage plot, indicating locations of instruments, instrument mics, vocal mics, and any other equipment (i.e. amp, pre-amp)
For questions, email Eddie Huffman, or phone – 888-438-4262.
Application Deadlines & Fees
Online application for IBMA showcases must be submitted by 28th Feb, 2016.
All applicants are required to submit a $25 fee to help defray selection process costs. If invited to participate as an official showcase artist, there is an additional fee of $500 to offset costs of services and showcase production. This may deter some international bands from applying.