Sail on the luxurious Voyager of the Seas Featuring:
Exclusive concert performances & workshops by a host of Australia’s & New Zealand’s top bluegrass music stars. Departing from Sydney and cruising around New Zealand, Tasmania, and along Australia’s spectacular southern coast, to Fremantle, Visiting Sydney, Auckland, Tauranga (Rotorua), Christchurch, Dunedin, Dusky Sound, Doubtful Sound, Milford Sound, Hobart, Adelaide and Fremantle.
19 day cruise – 19 February to 9 March 2013
The entertainment line-up for the Bluegrass Music Cruise has now been finalised. The fabulous line-up will include Australia’s and New Zealand’s finest bluegrass bands, plus bluegrass mandolin star Mike Compton, from the US.
Here’s the line-up:
- Hamilton County Bluegrass Band (NZ) Watch on YouTube
- Bluegrass Parkway
- Mike Compton (US)
- Karen Lynne Bluegrass Circle
- Perch Creek Family Jugband – Watch on Youtube
- The Pipi Pickers (NZ)
- Progress Valley Possum Pickers (NZ)
- New Holland Honey Eaters – Watch on YouTube
- Bluegrass Junction
- Paul Trenwith
- Trev Warner
Great Cruise Inclusions:
- 19 days/18 nights on the luxurious cruise liner, Voyager of the Seas
- Exclusive, private on-board concerts and workshops including, 9 bluegrass concerts onboard, 4 bluegrass concerts in port and 10 bluegrass musician workshops (bring your guitars, mandolins, banjos, fiddles,etc)
- Music industry forum, bluegrass quiz and history of bluegrass lecture
- In addition to our exclusive bluegrass music concerts, all other entertainment provided by the cruise ship is included
- Sightseeing tours in the various ports of call ie Auckland, Rotorua, Christchurch, Dunedin, Hobart and Adelaide
- Cruise taxes and port and handling charges
- All meals on board ‘Voyager of the Seas’
Bluegrass ‘jamming’ area – There will be a designated space onboard the ship where bluegrass players can gather for informal jam sessions
Bluegrass workshops – There is an exciting program of exclusive bluegrass workshops presented by outstanding bluegrass entertainers, including Mike Compton, Paul Trenwith and Trev Warner. The final program of workshops will depend on how many bluegrass musicians are on the cruise, and what instruments they play. The initial plan is to offer 10 workshops, as follows: 2 guitar workshops, 2 mandolin, 2 banjo, 2 fiddle, 1 double bass, 1 bluegrass double harmony
If you wish to go on the tour you can book by sending the completed booking form (available soon) to Travelrite’s Heathmont office, along with A$1000.00 deposit per person. If you have any queries please contact Travelrite on Ph: (03) 9729 8722, or Toll Free on 1800 033 436.
Please note: Full brochure with complete tour details and booking form will be available soon.
To be part of the exclusive Bluegrass Music Cruise of New Zealand and Southern Australia you must book through Travelrite International.
For detailed print brochure or further information call Travelrite International Pty Ltd. Toll Free 1800 033 436 or John Howie (03) 9816 3648 Mobile 0409 409 528 Email: John Howie.
Got an event you’d like to have publicised?
[contact-form] [contact-field label=”Event” type=”name” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Date/s” type=”text” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /] [contact-field label=”Details” type=”textarea” required=”true” /] [/contact-form]