The Whitetop Mountaineers is made up of the young duo, Martha Spencer and Jackson Cunningham. They both live in Whitetop, VA, at the highest mountains in Virginia. Their shows feature old time country duet singing, up-tempo old time fiddle, clawhammer banjo, bluegrass mandolin and guitar instrumentals as well as high energy Appalachian dancing.
This duo and their brand of mountain music from Virginia has endeared themselves to a great many music enthusiasts in Australia over the past three years. We welcome them back for their fourth Australian tour and look forward to catching them and one or several of the following gig dates:
- Mon. 27th to Fri 31st Dec. – Woodford Folk Festival. Woodford, QLD.
- Fri. 7th Jan. 7:00pm – Joe Water Hole, Eumundi, QLD.
- Sat. 8th Jan. 1:15 pm – Music by the Sea Festival, Sandgate, QLD.
- Sat. 8th Jan. 8:00 pm – Eltham Hall, Eltham, NSW.
- Mon. 10th Jan. 7:00 pm – The Cave, Nobby Beach, QLD.
- Fri. 14th Jan. 7:00 pm – Old Gazette Theatre, Dorrigo, NSW.
- Sat. 15th to 18th¬† Jan. – Tamworth Country Music Festival Tamworth, NSW.
- Fri. 21st to Sun. 23rd Jan. 2011 – Newstead Live Music Festival Newstead, VIC.
- Wed. 26th Jan. 7:00pm – Yinnar Community Hotel, Yinnar, VIC.
- Thu. 27th Jan. 7:00 pm – Brigalong Hotel, Brigalong, VIC.
- Fri. 28th Jan. 7:00 pm – Spenserslive Melbourne, VIC.
- Sat. 29th Jan. 7:00 pm – South Australia Folk Centre, SA.
- Fri 4th Feb. 7:00 pm – Illawarra Folk Club, Wollongong, NSW.
- Sat. 5th Feb. 7:00 pm – Cat & Fiddle Sydney, NSW.