The all-girl stringband Uncle Earl (www.myspace.com/uncleearl) is about to embark on a tour of Australia starting 3rd March in Sydney.
Uncle Earl is an American stringband whose sound ranges from raucous to refined. An all-woman lineup presents traditional and original music that’s both feminine and powerfully danceable. Now in its tenth year, Uncle Earl has toured in the United States and Europe, and has released two award-winning albums on the Rounder Records label. They’ve worked with producers Dirk Powell (Cold Mountain, Joan Baez Band), and John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin).
…definitely one of the most enjoyable productions that I have ever been involved with – John Paul Jones, on their album Waterloo, Tennessee.
Here are The March 2010 tour dates:
- Wed 3rd – The Basement Night Club – Sydney, NSW
- Thu 4th – Lizotte’s – Kincumber, NSW
- Fri 5th – Mon 8th March – Port Fairy Folk Festival – Port Fairy, VIC
- Thu 11th – Brunswick Music Festival – The East Brunswick Club – Brunswick, VIC
- Fri 12th – Sun 14thÂ – Blue Mountains Music Festival – Katoomba, NSW
- Fri, 19th – The Harp – Tempe, NSW
- Sat 20th – Tilley Devine’s Cafe – Canberra, ACT