New Zealand band, The Pipi Pickers have just released their next album called With a Spade.
The Pipi Pickers are Jenine Abarbanel: double bass, Garry Bigwood on mandolin, Barry Torkington on guitar, Nathan Torkington on banjo. The new album also includes John Egenes on Dobro and guitar, Anna Bowen on fiddle and backing vocals from Gunther Flutney.
The album will be officially released at a launch at Sawmill Café, 142 Pakiri Rd, Leigh NZ. on Sunday, 17th December.
Track listing in order:
|1. It’ll Be Alright (Travis Book / Sarah Siskind)
2. Walking Slow Behind You (Hy Heath / Johnny Lange)
3. Down Along the Dixie Line (David Rawlings / Gillian Welch)
4. Come Sail Away (Dennis DeYoung)
5. Compadres in the Old Sierra Madres (Paul W Chrisman)
6. Mando Bounce (Jim Hurst)
7. Rain in Durango (Guy Clark / Ray Stephenson / Shawn Camp)
8. I Call It Gone (Melonie Cannon)
|9. Stripes (Brandy Clark / Matt Jenkins / Shane McAnally)
10. Steam Powered Aereo Plane (John Hartford)
11. The Graveyard Shift (Steve Earle)
12. All About That Bass (Kevin Kadish / Meghan Trainor)
13. Sail to Australia (Steve Brines / Sam Bush)
14. My Baby Thinks He’s a Train (Leroy Preston)
15. Ol’ Slewfoot (Howard Hausey / Eddie Manney)
16. Camping by the Sun (Peter Mayer)
You can download each of the tracks or whole album from Bandcamp:
Cover design and layout for the album was done by Slavka Franclikova and the cover and band photos are by Aurelia Torkington.
Connect with the Pipis: