News from the USA recently highlights the devastating situation of yet another stolen instruments alert. The ease with which people can move across the world these days makes this post relevant to us all here in Oz.
The Randy Kohrs Band has advised of the loss a number of instruments. The band’s van was broken into and almost everything stolen out of it last weekend. The estimated loss appears to be around $50,000 – $60,000
Here is the list of missing items:
- Amistar Randy Kohrs Model tricone resonator
- Scheerhorn L-Body Resonator guitar #547
- Meredith all blonde, tongue-oiled maple resonator guitar
- Mike Long D-18 style acoustic guitar
- Custom Cedar Creek Case for the Meredith black alligator, inside is purple, has Custom Built for Randy Kohrs plate
- Two white Calton Cases with Randy’s name on them, both had red interiors
- Cedar Creek case for the acoustic Mike Long GuitarForrest Craig (Texas-based luthier) Violin with L.R. Baggs pickup
- Strad copy violin, roughly 1880’s, the tag inside not exactly accurate.
- A double violin case, the attached strap doesn’t match, it’ s maroon and gray with gold hardware.
- Note All guitars had fishman pick-ups