Learn from Nine Master Players
The nine lessons on this DVD represent mandolin instruction at its very best. Each segment, taught by a master of the instrument, has been chosen to give learning players new techniques, tunes and musical insights. The styles taught include bluegrass, old-time, Celtic, blues and contemporary “new acoustic,” and will enrich the repertoire of any mandolin enthusiast.
The lessons start at an easy beginner level and progressively get more challenging to provide a full range of techniques and bring new ideas to learning players.
- Butch Baldassari: The Language of Bluegrass – Bill Monroe Licks
- Sam Bush: Bluegrass and Alternate Rhythm Styles
- Mike Marshall: Chord Scales and Exercises
- Tim O’Brien: The Kid on the Mountain
- Norman Blake: John Brown’s March
- Steve James: Corrina, Corrina
- Jesse McReynolds: Ridge Runner
- Ronnie McCoury: Quicksburg Rondezvous
- Chris Thile: Hop the Fence