From the festival opening Burbs ‘n Bush Party in Caboolture’s Town Square, on Friday 30th April to the closing Farewell Concert on Monday, 3rd May, there will be heaps of opportunities to experience exciting performances from a range of country musicians.
We’re expecting to have more than 100 utes entered this year. It’s free to stroll among the entries, talk to ute owners and see if your favourite utes pick up prizes. There’s also live entertainment, a BBQ breakfast, rides and competitions. It’s then just a short walk, or a ride in our free shuttle bus, to Caboolture’s Town Square to take in some more free activities.
Festival fans will be pleased to know favourites such as clogging demonstrations, buskers and Grass Roots and Gospel performers will be back this year
If learning the story behind the songs appeals, then the Songwriters Cafe on Saturday and Sunday will be worth a visit so you can hear artists talking about their inspiration.
If country music isn’t your thing, then how about checking out the Beaut Ute Competition at Centenary Lakes on Saturday morning?
We’ve got surprise special guests at 1pm on both Saturday and Sunday and other artists featuring over the weekend include Drew McAlister, Rose Carleo, Sarah McMonagle, Dean Perrett, 2010 Toyota Star Maker Luke Austen, Katrina Burgoyne and Corey Hargreaves – Moreton Bay Regional Council Mayor Allan Sutherland
Those planning future family holidays might want to check out the Urban Country Caravan and Camping Corner off Beerburrum Road, Caboolture, opposite Town Square.
Caravans and camping goods to inspire would-be adventurers will be featured on Saturday and Sunday.
At the same location, Urban Country visitors can check out the Next Generation Station featuring rising talent from laid-back acoustic performers to rocking bands. Next door, the Stockmans Arena is the venue for animal demonstration shows by the Blue Heeler Comedy Team and Viv and Maurie’s Shearing Shed.
There will be a free shuttle bus service operating in and around Caboolture over the four days to make getting around between venues easy for visitors.
A full program of events and a timetable for the shuttle buses are available at festival website www.urbancountry.com.au.
- Burbs n Bush Party: 6pm to 10pm, Friday. Town Square stage
- Beaut Ute Competition: 7.30am to 1pm, Saturday Centenary Lakes
- Next Generation Station: 9am to 5.30pm Saturday, 9am to 4pm Sunday, Beerburrum Road
- Stockmans Arena: 9.45am to 3.30pm Saturday, 9.45am to 2.30pm, Beerburrum Road
- Caravan and Camping Corner, 9am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday, Beerburrum Road
- Songwriters Cafe: 10am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday, Town Square
- Grass Roots & Gospel: 9am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday, Town Square
- Bluegrass Brunch will be held Sunday from 9:30am to 12 noon at the Hasking Street Cafe
- Farewell Concert: 8.30am to 3pm, Monday, Town Square stage