January 2016 will see the release a brand new recording for One Up Two Down called, ‘A Day On The Quay’. This album follows their 2014 self titled release.
‘A Day On The Quay’ was recorded at Sydney’s Circular Quay on the last day of their 2014 Spring Tour. The setting and fantastic production really captures the live energy that One Up, Two Down is known for at our shows – George Jackson.
The new EP is available now for pre-order online at bandcamp.
One Up, Two Down hail from three countries joined by the Pacific Ocean. Fiddler George Jackson and guitarist Daniel Watkins, from New Zealand and Australia respectively, are back to back winners of the Australian Bluegrass Scholarship (’12, ’13) and veteran touring musicians in the Australian bluegrass scene. Together with North Carolinian, Yale School of Music trained (MM ’13) double bassist Andrew Small, they bring together raw old-time groove, bluegrass dexterity, and folk storytelling.
Opportunities to see One Up, Two Down are limited, but if you do get a chance to see them grab it with both hands. These guys are so well versed in the folk traditions that you can feel celtic, blues and country influences creeping in to make a wonderful, folky mess.” – Timber and Steel.
Learn more about One Up Two Down from:
One Up Two Down on tour:
- 27th Dec – 1st Jan – Woodford Folk Festival
- 6th Jan – The Junk Bar, Brisbane
- 8th – 10th Jan – Cygnet Folk Festival, Cygnet, Tassmania
- 19th – 23d Jan – Andrew Clermonts Supper Club, Tamworth
- 23rd Jan – West Tamworth Leagues Club, Tamworth
- 27th Jan – Cat and Fiddle Hotel , Sydney
- 28th Jan – Smiths Alternative, Canberra
- 29th Jan – Hotel Gearin, Katoomba
- 30th Jan – Bella Union Melbourne