The IBMA is accepting recommendations for its Special Awards, presented yearly at World of Bluegrass in Raleigh, North Carolina. This year’s World of Bluegrass will be held September 27-29 at the Raleigh Convention Center.
We are looking for recommendations in the following categories:
- Bluegrass Print/Media Person of the Year
- Bluegrass Broadcaster of the Year
- Bluegrass Event of the Year
- Bluegrass Songwriter of the Year
- Graphic Design and Liner Notes
- Recommendations will be accepted online only.
- In order to ensure a secure, thorough, and simplified process for the IBMA’s Special Awards, we have created an easy-to-use online submission form.
- Candidates are invited to recommend themselves.
- Those wishing to submit the name of a candidate, please email Shannon Turner (firstname.lastname@example.org) with their name and contact information. Shannon will contact the candidate and encourage them to submit their own information, in order to make sure that all important and accurate data is entered.
- Each award has a specialized committee of professionals who choose the top five nominees for that category. Those five nominees will then be voted on by the Panel of Electors, an elite group of professionals with 10+ years’ experience in the bluegrass music industry. The Panel of Electors will review each submission carefully to determine the winner.
- To submit a self-recommendation, please click:
- To review criteria for each award, please click:
- To suggest a candidate, please provide a name, category and contact information to Shannon Turner at Shannon@ibma.org.
If you have any questions, email Shannon at IBMA or call (615)256-3222.
Deadline for all nominations is 31st Mat 2016.