Canadian roots music sensation and former boxer Gordie Tentrees is no stranger to Australian shores with 2017 clocking up his third visit in as many years. He is joined again by good friend and fellow Canadian roots singer Jaxon Haldane. This time the pair are exploring the West on an epic 17 date tour across Western Australia including a spot at the Nannup Festival and shows in Perth, Geraldton, Margaret River, Bunbury, Warwick and many more.
Fresh off a 200-date world tour that started a year ago here in Australia before snaking its way around the world hitting UK/Ireland, Europe and North America, Tentrees and Haldane will be performing with 9 instruments (banjo, mando, dobro, cigar box guitars, harmonica, musical saw, acoustic guitar, porchboard bass) brotherly harmonies and skilful storytelling.
Gordie Tentrees sixth album “Less is More” brings together his knack for melody with his amazing ability to hold an
audience in the palm of his hands (both during and between songs!) and is a deeply personal, moving, melodic
and sometimes humorous look at life through the eyes of a unique and infectious personality.
The new album was produced by Juno award winner Bob Hamilton who also contributes textured beauty with tasteful tones, the album features Tentrees blend of folk, roots and blues sounds on which Tentrees plays Dobro, guitar, harmonica, porchboard bass with stellar accompaniment from Aiden Tentrees on upright bass and Fabian Brook on guitar and fiddle. The album also includes guest appearances by Patrick Hamilton, Annie Avery, Lonnie Powell and the voice of east coast darling 2015 Juno winner Catherine MacLellan.
Majestic songwriting, genuine authenticity, incredible insight – Americana UK.
Very superior songs on a terrific album, heartfelt and hysterical – R2 MAG (5 Stars).
Sounds like an album Woody Guthrie or Bob Dylan might have done if they were starting out today – Irish Post (4/5 Stars).
- Feb. 17 Mundaring Folk & Blues Club, Mundaring, WA
- Feb. 18 Johns House, Gwelup, WA
- Feb. 19 Redcliffe on Murray, Pinjarra, WA
- Feb. 21 Mojo’s, Fremantle, WA
- Feb. 22 Club Acoustica, Scarbourough, WA
- Feb. 23 Lulu Concerts, Duncraig, WA
- Feb. 24 Wintersun Hotel, Geraldton, WA
- Feb. 25 WAFF Workshop 2pm, Warwick, WA
- Feb. 26 Dorchester Hall, Warwick, WA
- Feb. 27 Supper Club, Maylands, WA
- Feb. 28 Perth Blues Club, Perth, WA
- Mar. 1 Always Good Concerts, Bunbury, WA
- Mar. 2 Manjimup Highschool 1pm, Manjimup, WA
- Mar. 3/4 Nannup Music Festival, Nannup, WA
- Mar. 5 Settler’s Tavern, Margaret River, WA
For more information visit Gordie Tentrees website.