- 12″ pot assembly, scooped ebony fingerboard,
- 26 3/16” scale, nut width of 1-3/8”,
- a rolled brass tone ring,
- No Knot tailpiece,
- 12” Renaissance banjo head,
- mock dowel stick/coordinator rod configuration,
- custom headstock design with ebony overlay and recessed truss rod cover,
- GT Master planetary tuners
- “hot dog” armrest.
Detailed information about this model is on the Gold Tone website. There is also a sound clip of Bob Carlin playing it – www.goldtone.com.
This banjo was purchased new and imported from Elderly Instruments in the USA in March 2014. Cost in US dollars was $1,094 plus $261 for shipping (a total of Aus$1,856 at current exchange rates) and the Australian custom fee was $192, all up that’s AUS$2,048. I I’ve also recently seen one advertised new in Australia for $1795).
Asking price $980 ONO, pick up from Broulee (NSW South Coast) free – otherwise $100 for shipping (Australia only).