The 11th Annual Dorrigo Folk & Bluegrass Festival will take place in October 2012
This Festival celebrates the wonderful traditions of Bluegrass and Folk music and includes concert performances, an Appalachian Square dance, many workshops, jamming round the camp-fire, fun for kids and delicious food. Over the weekend festival hosts welcome hundred of visitors from near and far to join in what has become known as one of the best little festivals in Australia, with an emphasis on bluegrass, old-time and folk acoustic music.
One of the main attractions of the Dorrigo Folk and Bluegrass Festival are the workshops that take place in the Myrtle and Currajong tents. These typically cover fiddle, old-time banjo, finger style guitar, tin whistle, bluegrass banjo, vocal harmony, mandolin and song writing. The workshops are offered by visiting performers who have been, in the past very generous with their time.
Please note: The Dorrigo Folk & Bluegrass Festival is an alcohol and smoke free event. No dogs are allowed into the festival site.
The line up for 2012 includes:
The New Worlds (USA), Mustered Courage, Jimmy The Fish, The Company, Rob Corbett & The Roo Grass Band, The Whitetop Mountaineers (USA), The String Contingent, Nick and Leisl, The Mid North plus many more to be announced
Ticket Prices: (Per person at Early Bird Price until 30th Sept)
- Full Weekend Pass (Inc Workshops) $85
- Full Weekend Pass + 2 nights Camping (at Powered site) $107
- Full Weekend Pass + 2 nights Camping (Unpowered) $101
- Full Weekend Pass + 3 nights Camping (at Powered site) $118
- Full Weekend Pass + 3 nights Camping (Unpowered) $109
- Full Weekend Pass + 4 nights Camping (at Powered site) $129
- Full Weekend Pass + 4 nights Camping (Unpowered) $117
- Youth Full Weekend Pass (age 12 to17) $25 Children under 12 – Free
Visit the Dorrigo Festival Website.