Bluegrass Parkway (BGP) is in the final stages of organisation for their return tour to the USA. Following the success of their 2005 tour, the band is booked to perform at some of the festivals they previously appeared at as well as a new one.
The 2009 tour will cover most of the month of June with the first show taking place in Maria Duff’s home town (BGP’s bass and fiddle player) of Lexington Kentucky.
During their 2005 tour, BGP received invitations to return to perform at Bill Monroe’s Bean Blossom Festival in Indiana, The Festival Of The Bluegrass in Kentucky and The Kentucky Lake Bluegrass Festival in Western Kentucky. BGP will be returning to play all of these festivals except The Kentucky Lake Festival, which has moved to a later time in the year. BGP will also appear at several other festivals including a new festival in Owensboro Kentucky named ROMP 2009. This is a festival organized and presented by the International Bluegrass Music Museum.
There are still more shows to be finalized but here are the tour dates and festival schedule so far:
- June 9: Southland Jamboree, Lexington Kentucky
- June 11-14: The Festival Of The Bluegrass, Lexington Kentucky
- June 16 & 18: Bean Blossom Festival, Bean Blossom Indiana
- June 20: UpBeat Cafe, Georgetown Kentucky
- June 23: The Red Barn, Renfro Valley Kentucky
- June 24-27: Romp 2009, Owensboro Kentucky