Organisers of the Forrest Jamcamp have announced dates for their 2015 camp. Sat 16th to Mon 18th May.
Nestled in the heart of the Otway Ranges, Forrest has become one of the best holiday destinations in the Hinterland of the Great Ocean Road area. It’s a pleasant 2 hour drive from Melbourne.
The $420.00 registration fee covers all tuition, handouts, single room accommodation and includes all meals. Shared accommodation is available on request.
What can you expect from a Wernick Method Jamcamp?
- Hands-on learning in large and small groups
- Learn many bluegrass standards
- Full ground rules and etiquette of typical jams
- How to find melodies, fake solos, carry a tune, sing harmony
- Tab/note reading skills not needed or used
- Understanding, low-pressure, time-tested teaching
- Only four chords needed, G, C, D, and A.
- Gentle tempos, mistakes expected
- How to lead songs and how to follow new songs
- Ear skills taught and emphasised, as in real bluegrass
- Group and individualised instruction on backup skills
You can sign up for the 2015 Forrest Jamcamp on our Jamcamps Australia website.